I’ve encountered a really strange issue while mouting a SMB share on my Synology today. I started to mount the remote share using the following command: [email protected]:/# mount -t cifs -o username=user,password=pass //ip/share/ /mnt and I was able to list the first directory level in the tree (inside /mnt), but I encountered this really weird error while trying to list anything deeper in the directory structure (/mnt/dir1). [email protected]:/mnt/dir1# ls ls: reading directory .
Goal here is to install syncthing on an old armv5t Synlogoy DS212J, there’s probably other ways to achieve that but here’s the quickest method I ended up with: Get the binary corresponding to your architecture. Extract it and copy the binary under /usr/local/bin/syncthing and make it executable: $ tar zxvf syncthing-linux-arm-v0.14.46.tar.gz $ sudo mv syncthing-linux-arm-v0.14.46/syncthing /usr/local/bin/syncthing $ sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/syncthing Syncthing doesn’t need to run as root so I’d recommend to run the process from an unprivileged user, in my example user.
I started to play with Z-Wave at home lately. I found an inexpensive Raspberry Pi Hat for that purpose which is simply called the RaZberry. It’s compatible with all the raspi models so far and it comes with the complete Z-Wave stack and exposes a WebUI + APIs to the user. The main issue that I encountered was the range of the antenna, I had a lots of problems to reach devices that were few meters away from the controller just separated by a thin wall, and I hadn’t had any other devices working in that frequency range that could mess with it.
Ok we only have 5 minutes so: Host A: 10.0.0.1/24 Host B: 10.0.1.1/24 Those hosts are behind multiple routers but the are reachable, and there is no firewall between them. We will create a VXLAN tunnel between those hosts to put them on the same network segment, like if we had a dedicated VLAN connecting the hosts. host A: ip link add vtep100 type vxlan id 100 dev br100 local 10.
I wanted to tweak the way a daemon started on my system. I did that using its systemd unit file /lib/systemd/system/mydaemon.service. Everything worked fine until an upgrade remove my modification. So I was looking for a way to override the configuration without conflicting with the package-manager. I found this great paper about systemd unit files wrote by digitalocean. Basically what you have to do is create a config file on a *.